I just read an article that explains how Google and the other search engines are now factoring in social media in their search engine results.
Basically, they are assuming that if a lot of people share the link on a social network (via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc) or hit Like or +1 (google’s version of the Facebook Like), then the website must be offering quality content.
As a result, websites and articles that get more social media interaction will do better in the search results. Better search engine results mean more home buyers and sellers in St. Louis will find this website and eventually hire us or see our listings.
Here’s how you can help:
- If you don’t already, subscribe to our blog posts. You can have every article emailed to you by clicking on this link or you can subscribe by RSS. If you don’t know what RSS is, don’t worry…just go with the email option.
- Read the articles and forward them to people you think might be interested.
- Hit Like and +1 on the article.
- Copy the URL of the title, then go to Facebook, Twitter or Google+ (or all of them!) and make a comment and paste the link after your comment.
- Go to our Facebook page and click on the Like button.
These simple actions will make a big difference in our website getting better results in the search engines.
Thanks for your help!