Photo credit – AddyG (Flickr)
The extreme heat and dry weather in the St. Louis region this year means that setting off fireworks for the July 4th holiday can be a fire hazard.
While some of the most popular fireworks displays have been cancelled, St. Louis residents still have a number of choices of where to go for fireworks to celebrate the holiday. Rather than skipping fireworks altogether, consider trying out a new location where you have never seen fireworks before.
St. Louis Fireworks Displays 2012:
I’ll try to keep this list as updated as possible, but please click through and confirm that the display you plan to attend is still on before heading out.
- Bridgeton – July 4 at dusk
- Downtown (Fair St. Louis) – July 4, 6, 7 at 9:20 PM
- Ferguson – July 4 at 9:15 PM
- Festus – June 29 & 30
- Florissant - July 4 at dusk
- Lake St. Louis – July 4
- O’Fallon- July 3 at 10:15 PM and July 4 at 9:30 PM
- Overland – July 4 at 9:20 PM
- St. Charles – July 4 at 9:20 PM
- Twin Oaks – July 3 at 9:15 PM
- Wentzville – July 4 at 9:05 PM
- Alton, IL – July 3 at 9:00 PM
- Grafton, IL – June 30 at dark
- Granite City, IL – July 4 at 9:15 PM
St. Louis Region Fireworks Displays CANCELLED for July 4th Holiday:
- Columbia, IL
- Jefferson Barracks
- Lebanon, IL
- Manchester – rescheduled for August 3
- Pacific – rescheduled for July 14
- St. Albans
- St. Louis City – Sublette Park – will be rescheduled
- Washington, MO (American Legion Post)
- Webster Groves
- Weldon Springs
Help make this list the most complete list of fireworks displays in St. Louis!
Let us know in the comments below if there is a fireworks display not on the list or any more are cancelled.