In 2008, I tried to find a complete list of the free summer concerts in St. Louis, and realized that nothing I found had ALL of the free concerts in the St. Louis area. So, I put together my own list.
Over the last 5 years, this outdoor summer concert post has become the most popular feature on this website (other than searching for St. Louis homes) so bookmark this page and you can come back year after year.
I’ll get it updated each spring.
One more thing…I am NOT an organizer of any of the concert series and don’t book concerts. If you have a band and want to get on the schedule, or you want more information about a concert series, you need to click through the links and contact the concert organizers directly. I really can’t help.
Summer 2013 – Outdoor Free Concerts:
Take a look through the list below and explore St. Louis’ summer live music scene. Bring a blanket, lawn chair and a picnic dinner. Then sit back, relax and enjoy one of the best things our city has to offer.
NOTE: Please click on the links to confirm location, time & date before heading out for an evening.
You can also check the list from our Facebook page here.…
Many of the 2013 schedules have not been announced yet. Concerts series that were held in 2012 but dates are not yet out for 2012 are noted in grey. These concert series include a link to the site that published the schedule last year, plus the months that the concerts were held last year. As dates get announced, these concert series will be updated or removed if they will not be occurring in 2013.
ST LOUIS CITY 2013:
- Bellerive Park (South St. Louis): TBA (July)
- South St. Louis Square Park (South St. Louis): TBA (June)
- Tower Grove Park (South St. Louis): TBA (July-August)
- Missouri Botanical Gardens (South St. Louis): June 5 – August 7 (7:30- 9 pm)
- St. Louis Place Park (North St. Louis): TBA (June-July)
- Union Station (Downtown): TBA (April – September)
- St. Louis Zoo (Forest Park): Fridays May 24 – August 30, no concert June 21 (5-8 pm)
- Fair St. Louis (Downtown): Thursday July 4, Friday July 5 & Saturday July 6 (8 pm)
- Soldier’s Memorial (Downtown): Fridays & Saturdays July 12-13 & July 19-20
- Benton Park (South St. Louis): Sunday May 19, Saturday July 6, Sunday August 11
- Lafayette Park (Lafayette Square): TBA (June-September)
- Soulard Farmer’s Market (Soulard): Saturdays June 8, July 20, August 17 & Sept 14 (6-9 pm)
- Tower Grove Farmer’s Market Concerts (South St. Louis): TBA (May – July)
- Carondelet Park (South St. Louis): TBA (June-August)
- Francis Park (South St. Louis): TBA (July-August)
- Ivory Perry Park (North of Central West End): TBA (June-August)
ST LOUIS COUNTY 2013:
- Heman Park (University City): TBA (June-August)
- Faust Park (Chesterfield): June 4 – August 13, no concert July 2 (7-9 pm)
- Market in the Loop (University City): June 11 – July 23, no concert July 2 (7-8 pm)
- Downtown Clayton Parties in the Park (Clayton): 2nd Wednesdays May 8 – September 11 (5-8:30 pm)
- New Ballwin Park (Ballwin): Wednesdays June 12 & 26, July 17 (7-9 pm)
- Ryan Hummert Park (Maplewood): 4th Wednesdays May 22 – September 25 (6 – 8 pm)
- Schlafly Bottleworks Market (Maplewood): April 3 – September 30 (4-7 pm)
- Bluebird Park (Ellisville): June 6 – July 25 (7-9 pm)
- Station Plaza (Kirkwood): TBA (July-September)
- Westport Plaza (Maryland Heights): 3rd Thursdays April 18 – September 19 (5-8 pm)
- World Bird Sanctuary (Valley Park): August 1 – 29 (7-8:30 pm)
- Brentwood Park (Brentwood): 1st Fridays June 7 – August 2 (7-9 pm)
- Creve Coeur Lake (Maryland Heights): TBA (June-August)
- Des Peres Park (Des Peres): Fridays June 14, July 12 & August 9 (7-9:30 pm)
- Gazebo Park (Webster Groves): TBA June-July
- Plaza at 501 (Ferguson): Selected Fridays April 26 – Oct 26 (7-9 pm)
- Shroeder Park ( Manchester): Friday June 7, Thursday July 4, Friday August 2 & Friday October 4 (October concert is 21+ only, all concerts 7-10 pm except July 4 6-9 pm followed by fireworks)
- Town Center Plaza (Wildwood): Fridays May 17, June 21, July 19, Sept 13, Oct 11 (6:45-9 pm)
- Westport Plaza (Maryland Heights): Fridays May 31, June 28, July 26, August 30, September 27 (6-8 pm)
- Central Park Amphitheater (Chesterfield): Saturdays May 11, June 22, July 20, August 3 & 24, Sept 7 & 21 (8-10 pm)
- Harry S. Truman Park (Hazelwood): TBA (May-September)
- Kirkwood Farmer’s Market (Kirkwood): Selected Saturdays May 25-September 21 (10 am)
- Kirkwood Park (Kirkwood): TBA (June)
- St. Ferdinand Park (Florissant): TBA (July-August)
- Twin Oaks Park (Twin Oaks): Saturday June 8 & Wednesday July 3 (7 pm)
- Oak Knoll Park (Clayton): 4th Sundays June – Sept (5-7 pm)
- Gentry Park Band Shell (Bridgeton): TBA (June-August)
- Washington University Brookings Quadrangle (University City): Sundays July 7-28 (7:30 pm)
ST. CHARLES COUNTY 2013:
- O’Fallon Civic Park (O’Fallon): June 4 – August 20, no concert July 2 (6:30-9 pm)
- North Main Street (St. Charles): 3rd Wednesdays May 15 – September 18 (5-7:30 pm)
- City Centre Park (St. Peters): May 16, June 13, July 18 (7 pm)
- Frontier Park (St. Charles): June 13 – August 29, no concert July 4 (8 pm)
- Windjammer Point (Lake St. Louis): Fridays & Saturdays May 10, June 28, August 17, Sept 14 (7-10 pm)
- Boulevard Park (Lake St. Louis): Saturdays June 15 (7-9 pm), July 20 (7-10 pm)
- Frontier Park (St. Charles): Sundays June 9, July 14, August 11 & Sept 1 (7:30 pm)
- North Main Street (St. Charles): Sundays April 21, May 19, June 9, Sept 8, Oct 6 (4:30-6 pm)
Do you know of any concert series that are FREE and OUTDOOR in JeffCo?
I couldn’t find any but that doesn’t mean they don’t exist. Let me know the details in the comments below and I’ll get the Jefferson County concert series added to this annual list too.
Did I leave something out?
Local free outdoor live music continues to gain popularity. Each year there seems to be a few new concerts series started.
Please help me make this a comprehensive list of EVERY St. Louis area free summer concert series held outside.
If you know of any other outdoor free concert series, leave me a comment and I’ll add them to the list.