For those of you who are regular readers, you’ve seen the articles I’ve posted telling you about my kitchen remodel project.
Part of why I decided to chronicle the transformation of my kitchen is to show that you can save money and still get an all new look by reusing as much as possible. In my kitchen, the cabinets, flooring, faucet, the light over the kitchen sink, garbage disposal and the refrigerator were all fine.
It’s been 2 days now with Justin Turnbough of Green Tree Construction running the show, and while the transformation isn’t complete, you can already see where it is headed.
Projects completed in the last 2 days:
- New appliances installed
- New quartz counters installed
- Adjoining living room/dining room, hallway & staircase painted
- Old light fixtures removed
- New under cabinet lights halfway in
There is still a lot to do, but 2 more days is all that it should take. Here are a few pictures of the transition.
No, the under cabinet lights are not staying that way. They were just taped up temporarily so I could decide if I wanted them closer to the front of the cabinets, centered or towards the wall. I went for towards the front to get as much light on the counters rather than on the wall.
Stay tuned for the finished project later this week!
Latest posts by Karen Goodman (see all)
- BUYER TIP: Must Know Information for Condo Buyers [VIDE0] - July 27, 2018
- VIDEO TIP: 3 Important Spring – Early Summer Homeowner Tips - June 15, 2018
- How is the St. Louis Real Estate Market REALLY Doing? - June 1, 2018