I wanted to have a list that defined St. Louis. The list offered a way for newcomers get to know their new city and long-time residents an opportunity to discover the few gems that they might have missed.
If you pick 1 item to visit each week, you would have seen the highlights of our wonderful city at the end of a year.
While I had been to most of the places when I put together the list, a few of them went on my to-do list.
So how well did I do?
I still need to make it to:
Wax Museum (#7)
The Pageant (#9)…I’ve been there for a party but never a concert
St. Louis Symphony Orchestra (#10)…I’ve never seen a full performance
World Bird Sanctuary (#13)
Wild Canid Sanctuary (#14)
Gus’ Pretzels (#45)
With only 6 left to go, I really have no excuse to not knock these out this year.
15. Grant’s Farm Location: South County (map) Cost: Free admission, parking $11 per vehicle
16. Butterfly House Location: Chesterfield (map) Cost: $6 Adults, $4 ages 4-12, $4.50 ages 65+, free for children 3 & under and MO Botanical Garden members
17. Science Center Location: South of Forest Park plus bridge over highway connects to Planetarium inside Forest Park (map) Cost: General admission is free, exhibits range from $3-9 for adults, all day parking in lot $9
18. Magic House Location: Kirkwood (map) Cost: $8.75 for ages 1 & above
19. City Museum Location: Downtown (map) Cost: $12 (ages 3 & above), World Aquarium is additional fee of $6 & Rooftop is additional fee of $5, Friday & Saturdays after 5 pm $10
26. Missouri Botanical Garden Location: Tower Grove area/South City (map) Cost: $8 adults, $4 for St. Louis City/County residents & $3 for St. Louis City/County residents aged 65+, ages 12 & under are free