In 2008, I put together my first free summer concert schedule for my website Arch City Homes.
I decided to organize my list by the day of the week, since when I want to go out, I usually pick the date first and then see what is happening. Of course, if you have a concert series you love attending every year, it’s still easy to scan the list and find it, and then add the dates to your personal calendar.
I also divided up the concert list into the 3 major counties in the St. Louis area – St. Louis City, St. Louis County and St. Charles County. I tried to find free outdoor summer concerts series in Jefferson County but just couldn’t come up with any that were series, free and outdoor.
Since this list has always resided on my real estate website and the purpose was to try to draw visitors to my website who might become potential clients, I just focused on the Missouri communities (I’m not licensed to sell real estate in Illinois).
Each spring, I update the list as soon as the concert schedules get announced sometime between March and May.
Next year, I do plan to add the the St. Louis Metro East communities to the list so feel free to leave me comments about any concert series you know of that I should look out for next spring.
St. Louis Free Summer Concerts Still an Option for 2013:
The list below includes just the concerts you can still attend this year. While quite a few of the events are already over, there are still lots of places to go for free live music in St. Louis this weekend plus in September and October.
Next spring I’ll update this page, so be sure to bookmark it and come back in 2014. Or better yet, sign up for my articles to be emailed to you every week and you won’t miss any of the St. Louis events I share here.
NOTE: Please click on the links for each concert location to confirm time & date before heading out for an evening.
One more thing…I am NOT an organizer of any of the concert series and don’t book concerts. If you have a band and want to get on the schedule, or you want more information about a concert series, you need to click through the links and contact the concert organizers directly. I really can’t help.
ST LOUIS CITY:
- History Museum (Forest Park): September 3, 10, 17 & 24 and October 1, 8, 15, 22 & 29 (6 pm)
- St. Louis Zoo (Forest Park): August 30 (5-8 pm)
- Tower Grove Farmer’s Market Concerts (South St. Louis): August 31 and September 7 (10 am – 12 pm)
- Lafayette Park (Lafayette Square): September 7 (6-9 pm)
- Soulard Farmer’s Market (Soulard): September 14 (6-9 pm)
- Benton Park (South St. Louis): October 5 (1-6 pm)
ST LOUIS COUNTY:
- Downtown Clayton Parties in the Park (Clayton): September 11 (5-8:30 pm)
- Ryan Hummert Park (Maplewood): September 25 (6 – 8 pm)
- Schlafly Bottleworks Market (Maplewood): September 4, 11, 18 & 25 and October 2, 9, 16, 23 & 30 (4-7 pm)
- Station Plaza (Kirkwood): September 5, 19 & 26 (6:30 pm)
- Westport Plaza (Maryland Heights): September 19 (5-8 pm)
- Westport Plaza (Maryland Heights): August 30 and September 27 (8-11 pm)
- Plaza at 501 (Ferguson): September 13 and October 11 & 26 (7-9 pm)
- Creve Coeur Lake (Maryland Heights): September 20 (7 pm)
- Shroeder Park ( Manchester): October 4 (21+ only, 7-10 pm)
- Harry S. Truman Park (Hazelwood): August 31 (7 pm)
- Kirkwood Farmer’s Market (Kirkwood): August 31 and September 7 & 21 (10 am)
- Central Park Amphitheater (Chesterfield): September 7 & 21 (8-10 pm)
- Oak Knoll Park (Clayton): September 22 (5-7 pm)
ST. CHARLES COUNTY:
- North Main Street (St. Charles): September 18 (5-7:30 pm)
- Windjammer Point (Lake St. Louis): September 14 (7-10 pm)
- Frontier Park (St. Charles): September 1 (7:30 pm)
- North Main Street (St. Charles): September 8 and October 6 (4:30-6 pm)
Did I Miss a Concert?
Local free outdoor live music continues to gain popularity. Each year there seems to be a few new concerts series started and it’s possible I missed something.
If you know of any other outdoor free concerts that still have shows scheduled for 2013, leave me a comment and I’ll add them to the list.