This week in our weekly St. Louis Blab video chat series, Robyn Wright and I lead a discussion of our favorite places to go on a day trip or weekend road trip from St. Louis.
In the video, we talk about:
- Arthur, IL – Amish Country
- Hannibal, MO – Mark Twain history, caves, haunted tour
- Chicago, IL – Jazz shows, pizza, shopping, Navy Pier
- Amtrak train trips and MegaBus
- Grafton, IL – River Road, winery, Pere Marquette, ferry, eagle watching
- Alton, IL – Fast Eddie’s
- St. Charles Main Street
- Forest Park (see my pictures)
- Missouri wineries
- Breweries throughout St. Louis and Missouri
- St. Genevieve, MO – Charleville Winery, Crown Valley Brewery
- Kimmswick, MO – Blue Owl Restaurant, shopping, historic town, Apple Butter festival (see my pictures)
- Mastodon State Park
- Bonne Terre, MO – tour the underground abandoned lead mine
- Crystal City, MO – underground cave tour
- Johnson Shut Ins State Park (see my pictures)
- Missouri float trips (dog friendly float trip options)
- Stanton, MO – Meramec Caverns
- Jefferson City, MO
- Kansas City, MO (see my weekend trip)
- Fulton, MO – shopping, dining, Churchill Museum, historic church, Berlin Wall, B&B (see my visit)
- Arkansas – diamond mines
Previous #STLBlab video chats:
- Creating a Local #STLBlab Community
- Q&A with a St. Louis Home Inspector
- Thanksgiving Time in St. Louis
- Giving Tuesday – What’s Your Favorite Charity?
Be sure to join us every Tuesday at 8:30 PM Central time for our weekly #STLBlab.
To get notified when our video chats go live, follow me on Blab.